How does it all work?
Half-day tours which take place in the morning start around 8:30-9:00 depending on your pick-up point. We will return between 13:00-13:30 on morining trips. Half-day tours which run in the afternoon will start from 14:30-15:00 and finish around 19:00. Full day tours commence between 8:00-9:00 and end around 18:00-18:30, there is always a lunchtime break where you may try Cretan specialities and enjoy a swim in the sea.
We will pick you up right from your hotel or from a main road close to your accommodation Our pick-up area stretches from Chania in the east to Kolymbari in the west.
Shorts and T-shirts are sufficient from middle of June to middle of September, earlier and later in the season a long-sleeved sweater or windbreaker may keep you warm at starting points higher in the mountains, especially on our full-day tours. Simply remember the old rule that you will loose between 0,5 and 1 degree for each 100m of altitude (e.g. sea level 24 degrees could mean 12-18 degrees at 1,200m height). Sandals with heel-straps and trainers are suitable for cycling, please NO flip-flops.
As soon as your baby can sit it can join you – for free – in a baby chair (of course with a helmet). Our youngest guest was just 8 month old.
If you feel fit and have no heart problems there is almost no age limit on the other side, so far our oldest client has been 82 years.
Terms of Tour Participation
- The client takes part in a tour at his/her own risk. The participant has to check bike and equipment prior to use in order to make any claims regarding unsatisfactory material.
- The participant is liable to any damage to persons caused by himself/herself and considered responsible in case of wilful destruction of material.
- Hellas Bike Chania is not liable for any personal property of the participants, eg. bags, glasses, cameras, clothes etc.
- Hellas Bike Chania is liable for loss or damage if caused by gross negligence on the part of its personnel. In no other case can Hellas Bike Chania be made liable.
- The participant confirms that he/she has prior capability of bike riding and knowledge of traffic laws.
- The participant claims that there are no known medical handicaps which exclude the participation in programs by Hellas Bike Chania.
- The participant has to follow the orders of representatives of Hellas Bike Chania at all times during a tour. Failure to do so will result in the termination of the bike ride, the tour can be completed by service vehicle only. No refund will be granted.
- The tour price is to be paid on reservation. Cancellations of reservations must be made at least 48 hours before by the client. Within less than 48 hours a cancellation fee of Euros 25.00 per person becomes effective. Within less than 24 hours the full excursion price will be charged.
- If a tour is terminated at a client’s own wish no refund can be granted.
- In case of strike, political unrest or force majeure Hellas Bike Chania is not liable for damage, delay or cancellation of services.
- For minors under 18 years of age participation conditions have to be signed by a responsible adult.
- Any disputes arising hereunder will be settled by Greek law.
- Acceptance of above terms of participation is confirmed by the act of tour reservation.
Hellas Bike Chania
Linda Ambrose & Thanasis Mischopoulos